John Catches Up

Heigh ho, Kermit the Frog here…

Anyway. Lisa’s been doing the heavy lifting on the posting lately, but I’m on an airplane with limited options soooo… yeah. When last I checked in, I had been suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Terrence Mc Sherry. Actually it was a racquetball, but what the hell. The end of that story is that we played again a couple days later, once my concussion symptoms had abated, and he beat me soundly until my youthful stamina and vigor managed to outlast him – I stole our last game. Seriously, once he got over the difference in rackets and balls from his squash playing, he was a great player. (And if you think I haven’t heard about the fact that I haven’t updated since that day, well… dream on.)

Work has been improving for me lately. I don’t know exactly what it is, although I suspect my facility in talking about the work that we do has improved, but in any case there’s been more consistency in my ability to point at work we’re doing and say “I made that happen.” Which is nice. Perhaps as a result, I’m writing this while on my way to Atlanta to man our trade-show “booth” during a conference that the big boss is speaking at. This is the first business trip I’ve been on for the company and it’s been intimated that it won’t be the last.

The downside, of course, is that when you combine this with the bombshells that have been dropping on Lisa (see the previous post) the timing has gotten nutty. We put Sasha back in the kennel yesterday morning, where she’ll stay until Saturday morning. Combined with the Ashland trip (including a lost day thanks to a delayed airplane) she has spent FAR more time kenneled in June than she has in any prior month. Lisa and I went to the airport together this morning, bound for different destinations – talk about your power couple!  (blerg) She’ll go straight from Philadelphia to San Diego for her HR conference, so we’ll actually be apart for more than a week. Pretty sure that’s a record for us. That said, my dad had so many remote stations and TDYs that I know better than to moan over 8 days. Still, blerg.

Once she’s back, the prep for moving into our new home will kick into high gear. We’ve started getting bids from contractors for painting and carpet, and we (Lisa) have compiled some pretty significant to-do lists. It’s exciting, but nerve-wracking. That’s what I’ve got for you for now – no new racquetball report, I’ve played some but there haven’t been any real breakthroughs or interesting stories. I did play at a high-class fitness club the other day, as opposed to the fairly spartan local gym that I’m a member of in Kent. Shhmmmaaaancy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.